The Asus M4A88TD-M is a mid-range microATX form factor motherboard aimed at the gamer on a budget. It features an AM3 CPU socket for support of AMD's more powerful multi-core processors as well as support for up to 16GB of RAM. Additionally, the M4A88TD-M sports an integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics processor as well as ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support.
The M4A88TD-M's AM3 socket type allows it to handle any AMD Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processor, including Phenom II x6 hexa-core processors, while its 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2000(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066MHz. Its integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 GPU provides the M4A88TD-M with native support for 1080p high definition media playback as well as multi-monitor setups via HDMI, DVI and RGB. Meanwhile, the M4A88TD-M's ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology allows discrete ATI graphics processors to work with the M4A88TD-M's integrated graphics for enhanced gaming performance.
- AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II and Sempron 100 Series processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 2000(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920x1080 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2048x1536 @85Hz)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 x PCI
- ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 14 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (8 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)
- Asus M4A88TD-M/USB3 - identical to the M4A88TD-M except it features 2 USB 3.0 ports