The Asus M4A88T-M is a mid-range microATX motherboard based on AMD's 880G/SB710 chipsets. It features an AM3 socket for support of AMD's most powerful commercial CPU's as well as support for up to 16GB of RAM. Meanwhile, the M4A88T-M boasts integrated ATI Radeon 4250 HD graphics with HDMI, DVI and RGB outputs as well as Hybrid CrossFireX technology for enhanced graphical performance.
The M4A88T-M's AM3 CPU socket provides it with support for AMD Phenom II, Athlon II and Sempron 100 Series processors while its 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1866(O.C.), 1333 and 1066MHz. Additionally, the M4A88T-M's integrated ATI Radeon 4250 HD GPU provides native support for DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 2.0 as well as 1080p HD media playback via HDMI, DVI and RGB while its Hybrid CrossFireX technology allows any discrete ATI GPU to work with the integrated 4250 for added graphical/gaming power.
- AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II and Sempron 100 Series processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1866(O.C.), 1333 and 1066MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon 4250 HD graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920 x 1080), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2048x1536 @85Hz)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 x PCI
- Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)
- Asus M4A88T-M/USB3 - identical to the M4A88T-M but features two USB 3.0 ports