The Asus M4A79XTD EVO is a mid-range ATX motherboard based on AMD's 790X and SB750 chipsets. It features an AM3 CPU socket for support of AMD's high-end processors as well as support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the M4A79XTD EVO features support for ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU technology and sports Asus' EPU technology.
The M4A79XTD EVO's AM3 socket makes it compatible with any Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processor while its 4 DIMM slots allow it to handle up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1800(O.C.), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz. Its Asus EPU (Energy Processing Unit) technology makes the M4A79XTD EVO more energy efficient as power consumption is adjusted according to processor loads, ensuring just the right amount of energy is being used at any given moment. Meanwhile, the M4A79XTD EVO's ATI CrossFireX support allows two ATI graphics cards to be used simultaneously for extreme graphical performance.
- AM3 CPU socket supports Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1800(O.C.), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz
- ATI CrossFireX compatible
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI 2.2
- Asus EPU technology for more efficient power consumption
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports at mid-board, 8 ports at back panel)
- 1x External Power eSATA 3.0Gb/s port