The Asus M4A78LT-M LE is a low-end to mid-range microATX motherboard similar to the Asus M4A78LT-M. Aimed more at users seeking practical functionality, the M4A78LT-M LE sports only a maximum of 8GB of RAM (as opposed to the M4A78LT-M's 16GB) and 10 USB ports (as opposed to 12) while also lacking native HDMI support. Otherwise, the M4A78LT-M LE and M4A78LT-M sport the same basic features, including an AM3 CPU socket, integrated ATI Radeon 3000 graphics and ATI Hybrid CrossFireX.
The M4A78LT-M LE's 2 DIMM slots provide it with support for up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz while its AM3 CPU socket allows it to handle any AMD Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processor. Meanwhile, the M4A78LT-M LE's integrated ATI Radeon 3000 graphics processor provides native 1080p high definition video and multi-monitor support via DVI and RGB outputs while ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology allows any discrete ATI GPU to work together with the integrated Radeon 3000 for boosted graphical performance.
- AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II and Sempron 100 Series processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon 3000 graphics
- Video output: DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2048x1536 @75Hz)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 4 ports at back panel)