The Asus M4A785TD-V EVO is a mid-range to high-end ATX motherboard similar to the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO. The sole improvement that the M4A785TD-V EVO boasts over the M4A785TD-M EVO is its two PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots for dual-GPU setups. Otherwise, the two motherboards sport the same features, including: an AM3 socket, support for 16GB of DDR3 RAM and integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics.
The M4A785TD-V EVO's dual PCIe 2.0 x16 lanes and ATI CrossFireX support allow for two discrete ATI cards to be used simultaneously for extreme gaming performance while its integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 provides native 1080p HD and multi-monitor support for those who only want multimedia performance. Meanwhile, the M4A785TD-V EVO's AM3 socket provides it with support for any AMD Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processor as well as support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333, 1066 and 800MHz.
- AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II, Sempron 100 Series processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1800+(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920x1200 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2048x1536 @85Hz)
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 3 x PCI
- ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU support
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel), 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port
- Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6 - sports two USB 3.0 ports in addition to its 12 USB 2.0 ports