The Asus M4A785TD-M EVO is a mid-range microATX motherboard similar to the Asus M4A785T-M/CSM. The M4A785TD-M EVO offers only a single improvement over the M4A785T-M/CSM: an eSATA port. Otherwise, the two motherboards sport the same features, most notably: an AM3 CPU socket, support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM, integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics and ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support.
The M4A785TD-M EVO's AM3 CPU socket allows it to handle any AMD Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processor while its 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz. Its integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics processor allows the M4A785TD-M EVO to handle 1080p high definition video as well as multi-monitor setups via HDMI, DVI and RGB. Additionally, the M4A785TD-M EVO's ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology allows it to utilize both discrete ATI graphics cards and its integrated card simultaneously for improved graphical performance.
- AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II, Sempron 100 Series processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1800+(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920x1200 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2560x1440 @75Hz)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel), 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port