The Asus M4A785T-M/CSM is a mid-range microATX motherboard similar to the Asus M4A785D-M PRO. Though lacking the M4A785D-M PRO's eSATA port, the M4A785T-M/CSM sports two very important improvements which justify its higher price point, namely: a 'true' AM3 socket and support for DDR3 RAM (as opposed to the M4A785D-M PRO's DDR2 RAM support). Otherwise, the two motherboards sport similar features, most notably integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics and ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology.
The M4A785T-M/CSM's AM3 CPU socket may have more limited processor support (AMD Phenom II, Athlon X4/X3/X2 processors) compared to AM2/AM2+/AM3 socket types, but AM3 processors run more efficiently on an AM3-only socket and an AM3 socket allows for DDR3 RAM (in this case a maximum of 16GB). Its integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 GPU provides the M4A785T-M/CSM with native support for 1080p HD video as well as multi-monitor support via HDMI, DVI and RGB. Additionally, the M4A785T-M/CSM's ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support allows discrete ATI cards to work together with its integrated ATI GPU to provide boosted gaming/graphical performance.
- AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon X4/X3/X2 processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1800+(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920x1200 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2048x1536 @85Hz)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)