The Asus M4A785D-M PRO is a low-end to mid-range microATX motherboard similar to the Asus M4A785-M. The sole improvement that the M4A785D-M PRO offers over the M4A785-M is a single eSATA port. Otherwise, the two motherboards share the same basic features, namely: an AM2/AM2+/AM3 CPU socket, support for up to 16GB of RAM, integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics and ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support.
The M4A785D-M PRO's AM2/AM2+/AM3 CPU socket provides it with support for any AMD Phenom II, Athlon II, Phenom, Athlon or Sempron processor while its 4 DIMM slots allow for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 1200(O.C.), 1066, 800 and 667MHz. Its integrated ATI Radeon graphics provide the M4A785D-M PRO with support for 1080p high definition video and multi-monitor setups via HDMI, DVI and RGB. Additionally, the M4A785D-M PRO's ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support allows ATI discrete graphics to utilize its integrated ATI GPU for boosted graphical performance.
- AM2/AM2+/AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II, Phenom, Athlon and Sempron processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM @ 1200(O.C.), 1066, 800 and 667MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920x1200 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2048x1536 @85Hz)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel), 1 x External SATA 3Gb/s port supporting RAID 0, RAID 1,RAID 10 and JBOD