The Asus M4A785-M is a low-end to mid-range microATX motherboard based on AMD's 785G (northbridge) and SB710 (southbridge) chipsets. It features an AM2/AM2+/AM3 socket for support of a wide variety of AMD processors as well as support for up to 16GB of DDR2 RAM. Meanwhile, the M4A785-M sports integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics and ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology.
The M4A785-M's AM2/AM2+/AM3 CPU socket allows it to handle any AMD Phenom II, Athlon II, Phenom, Athlon or Sempron processor while its 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 1200(O.C.), 1066, 800 and 667MHz. Its integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics processor provides the M4A785-M with support for DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 2.0 as well as 1080p high definition media playback and multi-monitor setups via HDMI, DVI and RGB. Additionally, the M4A785-M's ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology allows any discrete ATI GPU to work in tandem with its integrated graphics for improved graphical performance.
- AM2/AM2+/AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II, Phenom, Athlon and Sempron processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM @ 1200(O.C.), 1066, 800 and 667MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920x1200 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2048x1536 @85Hz)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)