Equipped with the latest 4x4 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology backed by ASUS-exclusive AiProtection powered by Trend Micro, the tri-band RT-AC5300 delivers speed you crave and security you need. The combined data rate of 5334 Mbps with whole-home extended coverage and tri-band Smart Connect ensure fast, stable connectivity for all your Wi-Fi devices.
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- MU-MIMO technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client's respective maximum speed
- Built-in access to WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN(TM)) of route-optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro(TM) provides multi-stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2.4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength
Powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor backed by 512 MB of memory, the RT-AC5300 has plenty of horsepower to efficiently balance its tri-band 2.4 & dual 5 GHz networks, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports with 2 Gbps link aggregation capability and USB 3.0 & 2.0 storage/networking functionality.
The path gaming packets take once they leave your network affects ping time and stability. Inefficient hops lead to inconsistent ping and packet loss. The RT-AC5300 features a built-in WTFast client to access the GPN: a private network of route-optimized servers to ensure consistently low ping times.
Just as wireless technology has evolved, online threats have similarly evolved. AiProtection provides multi-stage protection against these threats. From vulnerability protection and malicious site blocking to preventing already-infected devices from transmitting personal data, AiProtection keeps your digital playground safe and sound.
With a four-transmit, four-receive (4T4R) antenna design, both Wi-Fi range and signal stability improve dramatically, able to reach even the farthest stretches of your home. AiRadar beamforming further focuses Wi-Fi signal on your devices, making your Wi-Fi faster, clearer and stronger.
Devices on your network have varying bandwidth needs and often move throughout the home. Smart Connect manages the traffic assigned to the 2.4 and dual 5 GHz bands on-the-fly, intelligently moving devices from one band to another based on speed, load and signal strength, ensuring that every device enjoys optimized bandwidth and coverage.
MU-MIMO gives every compatible device its own dedicated full-speed Wi-Fi connection, so that multiple devices can connect at the same time without slowing down the network. In fact, MU-MIMO-compatible clients will connect at each client’s respective maximum speed simultaneously.
The RT-AC5300 features the enhanced, intuitive ASUSWRT user interface, which gives you easy access to both the 3-step web-based installation process and a wealth of robust advanced options.
- RT-5300 Tri-band AC5300 Gigabit Router
- 8 external detachable antennas
- RJ-45 cable
- Power adapter
- Warranty card
- Quick start guide
- Support CD (user manual and utility)
Frequently Asked Questions
How big of a force field does this thing produce or does it just make time travel possible?
It produces a force field of about 1.21 gigawatts. Time travel is also possible with this router, but you have to mount it in your car and reach 88.8mph. Please note- the Delorian car mount is sold separately.
How does this compare with the Nighthawk X8?
The biggest differences is that this router has better coverage on it and has detachable and interchangeable antennas to balance a house out better.
How many SSID's can this router broadcast?
There are 3 Primary channels, 1 for 2.4GHz and 2 for 5GHz. Each has its' own SSID out of the box.
Add New FAQ
- USB Port(s) 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0
- Wired Connectivity 1x WAN gigabit Ethernet ports, 4x LAN
- Wireless Frequency Tri-band (2.4 & Dual 5 GHz)
- Wireless Speed Up to 5334 Mbps
- Wireless Type 802.11 ac/n/g/a/b
- Operating System Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Mac OS