Asus RT-N56U Wireless-N Router Dual Band Multimedia Ultra Slim Gigabit 802.11a/b/g/n 300Mbps support USB Storage, Print and Media Server (top performance review at smallnetbuilder.com).2-Year parts and labot warranty.
- Wired Performance: WAN to LAN: up to 900Mbps; LAN to LAN: 1Gbps
- Giga Fiber Internet Support: The increasingly popular Gigabit FTTH allows the download of a full HD movie in about just 5 minutes
- One Router for Printing, Scanning and Surfing: Effortless Multitasking for Multiple Users
- Interface: 1x WAN port, 4x LAN ports for 10/100/1000 BaseT, Port: 2x USB 2.0 ports
- WAN to LAN throughput over 900Mbps; Standard: IEEE 802.11b; IEEE 802.11g; IEEE 802.11n
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual band transmissions enable faster, more secure high-speed connections .
- True gigabit throughput delivers up to five times faster speeds than conventional routers1.
- Up to 300,000 sessions to Internet clients for more stable, high-speed connections
- EZ User Interface (EZ UI) with a simple 3-step setup gets you up and running within minutes .
- EZ Quality of Service (EZQoS) Bandwidth Management gives you a simple way to optimize Internet speeds for gaming, browsing, file sharing, and VoIP/ media streaming.
- Built-in printer server for sharing All-in-One USB printers within your home or office.
- AiDisk is your personal FTP server that you can access anywhere you have the Internet.
- Download Master lets you download from the Bit Torrent site to the connected USB storage device directly through the router without having to leave your PC.
- Ai Radar automatically detects the location of clients and pin-points the signal to the client for effective and efficient transmissions.
Impossibly thin with a glossy black patterned finish, the ASUS Dual Band gigabit wireless-N RT-N56U router truly cuts the edge of innovation with powerful features that deliver the latest in networking capabilities. Equipped with exceptional hardware Network Address Translation (NAT), this one-of-a-kind router delivers up to 1000Mbps throughput that’s up to five times faster than conventional gigabit routers. The RT-N56U is like having two routers in one. Dual band transmissions enable both 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrums simultaneously to give you faster, more secure connections. And with up to 300,000 sessions—20 times the amount of conventional routers—you have sufficient headroom for additional clients and devices without buying an additional router.
The RT-N56U also provides users with incredible versatility. Plugging in a USB All-in-One printer, enables easy sharing between printer and scanner functions for all networked PCs. Download Master BitTorrent client shifts download duties from the PC directly to the router-attached storage via the two onboard USB ports. For even more convenience, ASUS AiDisk transforms a connected USB device into an FTP server for remote transfers. The RT-N56U was designed with ease-of use in mind. With a CD-free, plug-and-play setup, the RT-N56U gets you up and running to let you effortlessly optimize bandwidth for gaming, video calls, downloading or whatever else you choose.
Whether you use it as a print server, BitTorrent hub, FTP storage, or ultra-fast Wireless N router, the RT-N56U adapts to your networking needs as a cross-functional network device.
Named the world's fastest router by SmallNetBuilder.
Faster Transfers. Wider Coverage.
Experience true gigabit networkspeeds that’s up to five times faster throughput than conenvtional routers. Enjoy accelerated transfers, fluid streaming, and snappy surfing. The RT-N56U not only delivers up to 14 times faster Internet and up to 6 times wider range compared to previous generation routers but it also has dual band support on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz transmission spectrums for faster, more secure connections. And where other routers fail to connect when placed far away, the RT-N56U router gives you the wireless freedom to roam even further and enjoy high-speed networking nearly anywhere in your home or office. Get bandwidth on demand with EZ Quality of Service (EZQoS). EZQoS dynamically sets Internet bandwidth priority for browsing, online games, Internet applications (such as BitTorrent), and voice/video streaming. The EZQoS is simplified for ease of use—just click on the image you want to set and it adjusts instantly. Ai Radar automatically detects the location of clients and pin-points the signal to the client for solid transmissions and enhanced signal coverage.
Easy, Quick Setup in a User-Friendly Interface
The RT-N56U features EZ UI, a simplified user interface for quick setup, access to Internet-enhancing utilities, and a helpful troubleshoot guide that users at all levels will appreciate.
Quick 3-Step Internet Setup
The moment you connect the RT-N56U you will automatically be guided through an easy 3-step, manual-free setup.
- Plug the router in your network and wall socket
- Complete the installation wizard
- Open your favorite browser and start surfing
Your Entire Network in One Picture
Within the EZ UI, you can see your entire network all at once with real-time status updates for each connection. This simplified network map makes it easy to check for any issues with connections to other PCs or printers and manage your network settings.
Your Personal All-in-One Print Server
Print, scan, and share directly from connected USB printer, scanners, and storage devices via the USB port. With the wireless printer server function built into the RT-N56U, you can centralize your printing and scanning for your entire home or office network into one location.
The Ultra Versatile Download Master
The RT-N56U router sets itself apart from ordinary routers by offering BitTorrent and FTP server functionality.
Share your movies, music, games, and other files. The included Download Master application utilizes the BitTorrent P2P protocol to download and seed Torrents to and from the connected USB storage device. What’s more, you can shut off your PC after setting up a torrent file to continue the download, PC-free. Download Master also lets you customize how you choose to share with custom bandwidth allocation when seeding.
Create your own personal FTP Server with ASUS AiDisk located within the EZ UI, and upload or download files from the connected USB storage device to any Internet-accessible PCs. Perfect when you forget documents at home or when sharing large files, FTP access grants you the ability to safely secure and access your treasured data through your router. This feature can also work without having to leave your PC on.
- LAN Ports: WAN: 1 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 Base T; LAN: 4 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 Base T; Support Ethernet and 802.3 with max bit rate 10/100/1000Mbps and auto cross-over function (MDI-X)
- Antenna: 2 x internal PCB antenna for 2.4G application with peak gain = 3.8dBi/ 3 x internal PCB antenna for 5G application with peak gain = 5.1dBi
- Power Adapter: AC input: 100V ~ 240V (50~60Hz)/ DC output: 19V/ 1.58A or 12V / 2A
- Wired Performance: Wan to LAN; up to 910Mbps, LAN to LAN; 1Gbps
- Data Range: 802.11n: up to 300Mbps ; 802.11a/g: up to 54Mbps; 802.11b: up to 11Mbps
- Output Power: a/n mode: 14~15dBm @ EVM,-28dB; g/n mode: 18~19dBm @ EVM,-28dB; b mode: 20~21dBm @ EVM <35%
- Encryption: Supports 64/128-bit WEP; WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK; WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise; WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- Management: QoS (Quality of Service): Allow multiple network activites (FTP, Game, P2P) to work smoothly at the same time; DHCP Server: Supports up to 253 IP addresses; changeable DHCP lease time, IP pool, domain name; Static mapped IP; Web-based administration: Support IE 5.5 or later, FireFox 18.104.22.168 or later; Managed from LAN and Internet; Password Setting; System Event Log; Firmware Upgrade: Web Interface, Boot loader; Save/ Restore Configuration File
- Network Protocol:Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Security: Firewall: NAT and SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection), intrusion detection including logging; Logging: dropped packet, security event, Syslog; Filtering: Port, IP packet, URL keyword, MAC address
- RT-N56U router
- Ethernet Cable
- Application CD
- Power Adapter (12V 1.25A)
- Quick Starter Guide
- Setup Guide
- Warranty Information Card
Frequently Asked Questions
Can use this router with a mac?
Routers are not OS or platform specific, so you should be able to use any router with any computer. I use this ASUS on a desktop that dual-boots into both Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux. The wifi has connected to various laptops running anything from older Linux to Windows 8.1, and several tablets and smart phones running various versions of Android. I have never had a problem with it connecting to anything. For the initial setup, you will want a wired connection to the router (via CAT7 ethernet cable). After you have it set up, you should be able to do everything over wifi.
Anyone has hooked up two Xbox's and got them both to have an open NAT with this router?
It has a one-touch Quality Of Service feature that automatically looks for "Gaming Traffic" and gives it priority. It works, lag has almost vanished, and when I'm hosting in Black Ops or Reach I can genuinely see the difference in my K/D ratio from my old lynksys p.o.s. router. Now I just had a new roommate move in who is also running xbox (we both have the new elites) and once the router shook hands with his we haven't had any problem with the NAT type, and I could be in the middle of the Gears 3 Beta and he'll be playing co-op in Portal 2 and I cant even tell that someone else is online
Have people been successful with the printer sharing aspect?
I have successfully added the samsung clp-300, and samsung ml-2510. They're both laser printer and both function fine. I did find that I can only attach one at a time, not both, I can add one printer and a hard drive, but not two printers at the same time, using the two usb ports.
Add New FAQ
- Authentication Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WP & PIN)
- USB 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- Operating Frequency 2.4GHz ~ 5GHz
- Network Data Transfer Rate 300 Megabits Per Second
- Connectivity Technology Wireless