The Asus G50V is a 15" gaming laptop launched in late August 2008. Based on the new Centrino 2 platform, the G50V features the latest mobile Intel Core 2 Duo processors, 4GB of fast 800MHz DDR2 ram, a 15.4" LCD screen with a resolution of 1680x1050, the option for dual hard disk drives, and either a DVD writer or DVD writer/Blu-ray combo. For video and gaming the G50V features the nVidia GeForce 9700M GT with 512MB of dedicated GDDR3 VRAM. While this adds heat and noise while degrading battery life, this is the heart of the gamer's pc - allowing for even the latest PC games to be played at higher settings. Due to this, while the laptop uses a 6 cell battery, it only lasts up to 2 hours in battery conservation mode.
- Platform: Centrino 2, Intel C2D
- Graphics: 15.4" LCD widescreen (1680×1050) powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 9700 GT (512MB dedicated VRAM)
- Network connectivity: Integrated 802.11a/b/g/n, bluetooth 2.1 optional, Gigabit Ethernet
- I/O & Expansion: 1 x Microphone-in jack, 1 x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF), 1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor, 4 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x IEEE 1394 port, 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1 x HDMI, 1 x E-SATA, 1 x TV Antenna Input (optional)
- Battery: 6-cell (2 hours on battery saving settings)
- Dimentions: 37.5 x 26.5 x 3.43 - 4.06 cm (W x D x H)
- Weight: 6.2 pounds