The G1Sn is a 15.4" gaming laptop from Asus. Built on the now outdated Centrino platform, the G1Sn features fairly recent Intel Core 2 Duos, 2 dimms of 667MHz DDR2 ram, the option for a full speed 7200RPM HDD, and a middle range NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS with 512MB of dedicated VRAM. At a hefty 6.8 pounds, with only 2 hours of operation of a full charge, this laptop is a poor choice for those interested in a portable laptop for work or media. For at home use however, the G1Sn presents a powerful mobile PC option which may be an ideal desktop replacement for a non-gamer.
- Platform: Centrino, Intel C2D
- Graphics: 15.4" widescreen (1280×800, 1440x900 or 1680×1050 depending) powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS (512MB deicated VRAM)
- Network connectivity: Integrated 802.11a/b/g/n, bluetooth 2.0 optional, Gigabit Ethernet, modem
- I/O & Expansion: 1 x Express card, 1 x Line-in Jack, 1 x Microphone-in jack, 1 x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF), 1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor, 1 x TV Out (S-Video composite), 4 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x IEEE 1394 port 1 x RJ11 Modem jack for phone line, 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1 x HDMI
- Battery: 8-cell (2 hours maximum on full charge)