The M4A79T Deluxe is a mid-range motherboard from Asus, released in early 2009. Basic features include support for 140W CPUs, 16 GB of RAM and four PCI-E x16 slots for use with multiple graphics cards. This AMD-based motherboard is nearly identical to the M4A79T Deluxe/U3S6, which comes with added SATA 6 Gb/s connectors and USB 3.0 support.
The Asus M4A79T Deluxe supports socket AM3 processors, meaning Phenom II, Athlon II and Sempron CPUs are compatible. A series of 4 DIMM slots are available for use with DDR3 memory, which can be overclocked to 1600 MHz maximum. Gamers will likely be interested in the M4A79T’s quad CrossFireX support, meaning up to 4 video cards can be used simultaneously. A variety of overclocking and system tweaking tools come in the box, allowing advanced users to get the most out of their hardware. An 8+2 phase power design with a built-in heatpipe compliment these tools, reducing overall strain on the board’s components.
- AM3 CPU socket (140w compatible)
- Phenom II, Athlon II, Sempron 100 processor support
- 8+2 phase power design
- 4x PCI-E 2.0 slots
- 4-way ATI CrossFireX support
- DDR3 memory (1600 MHz O.C.)
- 5x SATA 3 Gb/s ports
- HD surround sound with DTS decoding
- Asus TruboV, Precision Tweaker 2 & Express Gate software
- ATX Form Factor
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors