The M2NPV-VM is an AM2 MATX motherboard released early in the sockets lifetime and phased out towards 2008. One of the only MATX boards at the time that featured both a DSUB and DVI port, the onboard Nvidia 6150 allowed for acceptable performance and dual monitor support on a system that uses very little power. The M2NPV-VM featured very little overclocking support, and very stringent memory requirements, only being able to provide 1.9V to the DIMMs. Signaling a cheapening of the Asus brand, the M2NPV-VM saw many issues - many dead on arrival, flakey, or unstable.
- supported processors & RAM: AM2 (many later models require the BIOS be updated), 4 x DDR2 800MHz @ 1.8V, see website for list of supported RAM
- Graphics: onboard Nvidia 6150 (DSUB and DVI connections, HDTV output with bundled module), PCIE 16x support
- Audio: onboard SoundMAX
- Storage: 6 x SATA II, 2 x IDE, 1 x Floppy
- Network connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet
- External/Internal expansion ports: 2 x Firewire (1 on back pannel), 8 x USB 2.0 (4 on back pannel), 1 x parallel, 2 x serial, 1 x PCIE 16x, 1 x PCIE 1x, 2 x PCI