The ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 is a high-end ATX motherboard based on the Intel Z68 chipset. It features support for up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM and an LGA1155 CPU socket. Additionally, the Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 sports dual PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots, support for AMD 3-way CrossFireX and Nvidia 3-way SLI setups and integrated Intel HD graphics with out of the box support for HD and 3D media.
The Z68 Extreme4 Gen3's LGA1155 CPU socket supports any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor in the LGA1155 package while its 4 DIMM slots can handle up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066 MHz. Its PCI-E 3.0 slots provide the Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 with a higher bitrate than PCI-E 2.0 (8.0GT/s) with higher bandwidth per lane (1GB/s) when equipped with an Ivy Bridge processor (when equipped with a Sandy Bridge processor, the 3.0 slots will behave like 2.0 slots). Meanwhile, the Z68 Extreme4 Gen3's AMD 3-way CrossFireX and Nvidia 3-way SLI support allows for extended graphical expansion and high-end graphical capability.
- LGA1155 CPU socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processors
- Supports up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066 MHz
- Nvidia 3-Way SLI and AMD 3-Way CrossFireX support
- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots, 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots, 2 x PCI slots
- 2 x Rear USB 3.0 ports, 1 x Front USB 3.0 header
- 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors, 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors
- ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 9.6-in, 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm