The ASRock P67 Extreme6 is a high-end ATX P67-based motherboard similar to the ASRock P67 Extreme4. The main differences between the Extreme6 and Extreme4 are USB 3.0 and SATA3 ports/connectors--the Extreme6 boasts four rear USB 3.0 ports while the Extreme4 sports two and offers six total SATA3 connectors versus the Extreme4's four. Otherwise, the two boards sport the same basic features including an LGA 1155 socket, support for up to 32GB of RAM and Quad CrossFireX/SLI support.
The P67 Extreme6's LGA 1155 CPU socket allows it to handle any of Intel's second generation Core i3, i5 or i7 processors while its four DIMM slots allow it to handle up to 32GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066 MHz. Meanwhile, the P67 Extreme6 boasts support of both Four-way CrossFireX and Quad SLI graphics card setups, making it ideal for gaming enthusiasts and those who require high levels of graphics processing.
- LGA 1155 CPU socket supports Intel Core i7, i5, i3 processors
- Supports 32GB of DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066 MHz
- Four-way CrossFireX support, Quad SLI support
- 7.1 channel Realtek ALC892 integrated audio
- 3 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots, 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots, 2 x PCI slots
- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports