The ASRock N68-S3 UCC is a microATX motherboard very similar to the ASRock N68-S UCC. The N68-S3 UCC boasts two major improvements over the N68-S UCC, namely: an AM3 CPU socket (as opposed to the N68-S UCC's AM2/AM2+ socket that allowed for AM3 CPUs but restricted their HyperTransport technology) and support for DDR3 RAM (as opposed to the N68-S UCC's DDR2 RAM support). Otherwise, the two motherboards sport the same features, including integrated Nvidia GeForce 7025 graphics.
The N68-S3 UCC's AM3 CPU socket provides support for any Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4/X3/X2 or Sempron processor while its dual DIMM slots allow for up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1600(OC), 1333, 1066 and 800MHz. Additionally, the N68-S3 UCC's integrated Nvidia GeForce 7025 graphics processor provides Pixel Shader 3.0 and DirectX 9.0 support with a maximum RGB output resolution of 1920x1440 @ 60Hz.
- AM3 CPU socket provides support for Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4/X3/X2 and Sempron processors
- Supports a max of 8GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1600(OC), 1333, 1066 and 800MHz
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI
- 4 x SATAII 3.0 Gb/s connectors with support for RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, RAID 5 and JBOD)
- 4 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports
- Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7025 graphics
- Unlock CPU Core technology boosts processor performance