The ASRock N68-S UCC is a microATX, NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset-based motherboard very similar to the ASRock N68-GS UCC. The N68-S UCC lacks one major feature that the N68-GS UCC boasts: Gigabit Ethernet (instead sporting 10/100 Ethernet). Otherwise, the two motherboards are identical as both feature: an AM2/AM2+/AM3 compatible CPU socket, support for up to 8GB of RAM and Unlock CPU Core technology.
The N68-S UCC's AM2/AM2+/AM3 compatible CPU socket boasts support for AMD Phenom FX, Phenom, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core, Athlon X2 Dual-Core, Athlon 64 and Sempron processors as well as multi-core Phenom II and Athlon II processors. Its dual DIMM slots provide the N68-S UCC with support for up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066, 800, 667 and 533MHz. Additionally, the N68-S UCC's Unlock CPU Core technology provides greater CPU performance by unlocking unused processing potential, effectively allowing dual-core CPUs to behave like quad-cores and quad-cores to behave as though they were hexa-core processors.
- AM2/AM2+/AM3 CPU socket provides support for AMD Phenom FX, Phenom, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core, Athlon X2 Dual-Core, Athlon 64, Sempron, Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2, Athlon II X4/X3/X2 processors
- Supports a max of 8GB of DDR2 RAM @ 1066, 800, 667 and 533MHz
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI
- 4 x SATAII 3.0 Gb/s connectors with support for RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, RAID 5 and JBOD)
- 4 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports
- Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7025 graphics
- Unlock CPU Core technology boosts processor performance