The ASRock M3N78D is a mid-range ATX motherboard based on the NVIDIA nForce 720D chipset. Its features an AM3 socket, supporting AMD Phenom processors, and support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the M3N78D sports ASRock's Hybrid Booster technology for easy and safe overclocking of PC components, specifically the CPU.
The M3N78D's AM3 socket allows it to function with any AMD Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4/X3/X2 or Sempron processor while its quad DIMM slots allow for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1800(OC), 1600(OC), 1333, 1066 and 800MHz. Meanwhile, the M3N78D's Hybrid Booster technology facilitates CPU overclocking at high degrees via an inbuilt user interface while also including inherent safeguards to prevent any damage to overclocked hardware or the system in general.
- AM3 CPU socket provides support for AMD Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4/X3/X2 or Sempron processors
- Supports a max of 16GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1800(OC), 1600(OC), 1333, 1066 and 800MHz
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16, 3 x PCI Express 2.0 x1, 3 x PCI
- 4 x SATAII 3.0 Gb/s connectors with support for RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, RAID 5 and JBOD)
- 4 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports, 2 x Powered eSATAII/USB Connectors
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (VIA VT1718S Audio Codec)
- Hybrid Booster overclocking technology