The ASRock M3A790GXH/USB3 is a mid-range to high-end ATX motherboard based on the AMD 790GX (northbridge) and AMD SB750 (southbridge) chipsets. Its features an AM3 CPU socket for support of a broad range of AMD processors while also allowing for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the M3A790GXH/USB3 boasts ATI CrossFireX compatibility and an included USB 3.0 card.
The M3A790GXH/USB3's AM3 CPU socket allows it to handle any AMD Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4/X3/X2 or Sempron processor while its 4 DIMM slots support up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1600(OC), 1333, 1066 and 800MHz. Its 3 PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots and ATI CrossFireX compatibility allow the M3A790GXH/USB3 to handle up to 3 ATI graphics cards in single x16, dual x8/x8 or triple x8/x8/x4 mode. Meanwhile, the M3A790GXH/USB3's bundled USB 3.0 card provides 2 USB 3.0 ports for transfer speeds 10 times that of USB 2.0 ports.
- AM3 CPU socket provides support for AMD Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4/X3/X2 or Sempron processors
- Supports a max of 16GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1600(OC), 1333, 1066 and 800MHz
- 3 x PCI Express 2.0 x16, 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1, 2 x PCI
- Supports ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU setups
- Integrated AMD Radeon HD 3300 graphics
- 6 x SATAII 3.0 Gb/s connectors, 1 x eSATAII 3.0 Gb/s connector
- 6 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports, bundled USB 3.0 PCI card