The ASRock M3A UCC is a mid-range ATX motherboard based on the AMD 480X CrossFire northbridge and AMD SB600 southbridge chipsets. Sporting an AM3 CPU socket, the M3A UCC boasts support for most newer AMD processors while also offering support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the M3A UCC features ASRock's UCC feature which promises greater CPU performance.
The M3A UCC's AM3 CPU socket allows for use of AMD Phenom II X4 / X3 / X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4 / X3 / X2 and Sempron processors as well as AMD hexa-core Phenom II X6 processors while its 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1800(OC), 1600, 1333, 1066 and 800MHz. Meanwhile, the M3A UCC's UCC (Unlocked CPU Core) feature boosts multi-core CPU potential by unlocking unused cores, making dual- and tri-core processors behave like quad-cores and quad-cores like hexa-cores.
- AM3 CPU socket provides support for AMD Phenom II X6 / X4 / X3 / X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4 / X3 / X2 and Sempron processors
- Supports a max of 16GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1800(OC), 1600, 1333, 1066 and 800MHz
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, 2 x PCI Express x1 slots, 3 x PCI slots
- 4 x SATAII 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10)
- 6 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports
- 5.1 CH HD Audio (VIA VT1705 Audio Codec)
- ASRock Unlocked CPU Core technology for enhanced processor performance