The ASRock K8VM890 is a low-end microATX motherboard based on the VIA K8M890 CE northbridge and VIA VT8237A southbridge chipsets. It features a Socket 754 CPU socket for compatibility with select AMD processors while also offering support for up to 2GB of DDR RAM. Additionally, the K8VM890 sports integrated VIA Delta Chrome graphics and 2 1.5Gb/s SATA ports with support for RAID 0 and 1.
The K8VM890's Socket 754 allows for use of AMD Athlon 64 and Sempron processors while its dual DIMM slots provide support for up to 2GB of DDR RAM with data transfer rates of 400, 333 and 266MHz. Its integrated VIA Delta Chrome graphics processor provides the K8VM890 with Pixel Shader 2.0 and DirectX 9.0 support with maximum shared graphical memory of 256MB. Meanwhile, the K8VM890's SATA ports provide faster transfer speeds than ATA133 IDE connectors as well as support for performance-enhancing RAID 0 and data-protecting RAID 1 setups.
- Socket 754 provides support for AMD Athlon 64 and Sempron processors
- Supports a max of 2GB of DDR RAM @ 400, 333 and 266MHz
- Integrated VIA Delta Chrome graphics
- 2 x SATA 1.5 Gb/s connectors, support RAID 0, 1, JBOD and "Hot Plug" function, 2 x ATA133 IDE connectors (support 4 x IDE devices)
- 4 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports
- Realtek ALC861 7.1channel CODEC with High Definition Audio
- 64-bit compliant