The ASRock H61M-S is a mid-range Micro ATX motherboard that is almost identical to the ASRock H61M-GS. The sole difference between the H61M-S and H61M-GS is that the H61M-S lacks the H61M-GS' Gigabit Ethernet (offering instead 10/100 Ethernet). Otherwise, the two motherboards share the same features, including and LGA 1155 CPU socket, support for up to 16GB of RAM, integrated Intel HD graphics and ASRock's XFast USB technology.
The H61M-S' LGA 1155 CPU socket allows it to handle any 2nd generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor designed for the LGA 1155 package while two DIMM slots offer support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1333 or 1066 MHz. Its integrated Intel HD graphics allow the H61M-S to handle high definition and 3D video while offering dual-monitor support via VGA and DVI. Meanwhile, the H61M-S' XFast USB technology allows data to be transfered from USB 2.0 devices at up to 3 times the speed of traditional USB 2.0 ports.
- Supports any 2nd generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor designed for the LGA 1155 package
- Supports up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1333 or 1066 MHz
- Integrated Intel HD graphics
- 5.1-channel HD audio support
- ASRock's XFast USB technology
- Atheros PCIEx1 LAN AR8152 10/100 Ethernet
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode), 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot
- Video out: D-Sub (2048x1536 @ 75Hz), DVI-D (1920x1200 @ 60Hz)