The ASRock H61M-GS is a mid-range Micro ATX motherboard similar to the ASRock H61M-GE. The H61M-GS lacks a couple of the H61M-GE's features, most notably: an HDMI port and 7.1-channel audio support (offering instead 5.1-channel support). Otherwise, the two motherboards sport similar features, including an LGA 1155 CPU socket, support for up to 16GB of RAM, ASRock's XFast USB technology and integrated Intel HD graphics.
The H61M-GS' LGA 1155 CPU socket allows it to utilize any 2nd generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor designed for the LGA 1155 package while its two DIMM slots offer support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1333 or 1066 MHz. Its XFast USB technology allows the H61M-GS to transfer data from USB devices at up to 3 times the speed of standard USB 2.0 ports. Meanwhile, the H61M-GS' integrated Intel HD graphics offer support for 3D media, Pixel Shader 4.1 and DirectX 10.1 while offering DVI and VGA video outputs.
- Supports any 2nd generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor designed for the LGA 1155 package
- Supports up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1333 or 1066 MHz
- Integrated Intel HD graphics
- 5.1-channel HD audio support
- ASRock's XFast USB technology
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode), 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot
- Video out: D-Sub (2048x1536 @ 75Hz), DVI-D (1920x1200 @ 60Hz)