The ASRock H55M/USB3 R2.0 is a mid-range microATX Intel H55 chipset motherboard similar to the ASRock H55M. Obviously offering USB3.0 support over the H55M, the H55M/USB3 R2.0 does, however lack some features compared to the H55M, namely 1 less eSATA port and 1 less PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slot. Otherwise, the two motherboards sport the same key features, including: an LGA1156 CPU socket, support for up to 8GB of RAM and integrated Intel HD graphics.
The H55M/USB3 R2.0's single USB 3.0/2.0 offers data transfer speeds of up to 5.0Gb/s when used with USB 3.0 compatible devices, otherwise behaving like any regular USB 2.0 port. Its LGA1156 socket allows the H55M/USB3 R2.0 to handle any Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx CPU while its 2 DIMM slots allow for up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2600+(OC), 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz. Additionally, the H55M/USB3 R2.0's integrated Intel HD graphics processor supports 1080p high definition video playback and multiple monitor setups via HDMI, VGA and DVI-D.
- LGA1156 socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor types
- Supports up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 2600+(OC), 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz
- Integrated Intel HD graphics supports 1080p video and multiple monitors
- Expansion slots: 1x PCIe 2.0 x16, 2x PCI Express 2.0 x1, 1x PCI
- 5x USB 2.0/1.1, 1x USB 3.0/2.0
- 5x SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, 1x eSATA
- HDMI, DVI-D and VGA video output