The ASRock H55M-GE is a mid-range microATX Intel H55 chipset-based motherboard similar to the ASRock H55M. Emphasizing its multimedia focus over gaming performance, the H55M-GE offers greater RAM capability (16GB as opposed to the H55M's 8GB) while lacking the H55M's eSATA ports and dual PCIe 2.0 x16 GPU lanes (instead offering only one). Otherwise, the two motherboards offer the same basic features, namely: an LGA1156 CPU socket and integrated Intel HD graphics.
The H55M-GE's 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2600+(OC), 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz while its LGA1156 CPU socket type allows for the use of Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx processor types. Additionally, the H55M-GE's integrated Intel HD graphics processor provides Pixel Shader 4.0 and DirectX 10 support as well as the ability to handle 1080p HD video and multiple-monitors.
- LGA1156 socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor types
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 2600+(OC), 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz
- Integrated Intel HD graphics supports 1080p video and multiple monitors
- Expansion slots: 1x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1x PCI Express 2.0 x1, 2x PCI
- 3 x USB 2.0 headers (support 6 USB 2.0 ports)
- 6x SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
- HDMI, DVI and VGA video output