The ASRock H55M is an entry-level Intel H55 chipset motherboard appropriate mainly for multimedia use but also for the gamer on a budget. It sports an LGA1156 CPU socket, support for up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM and integrated Intel HD graphics for out-of-the-box high definition media support. Additionally, the H55M boasts dual PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots for further graphical upgrading.
The H55M's 2 DIMM slots support up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2600+(OC), 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz while its LGA1156 CPU socket provides support for any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor. Its Intel HD integrated graphics processor features support for Pixel Shader 4.0 and DirectX 10 as well as 1080p HD playback and multi-monitor setups via HDMI (1920x1200 @ 60Hz), DVI (1920x1200 @ 60Hz) and VGA (2048x1536 @ 75Hz). However, those seeking to take full advantage of the H55M may choose to utilize its 2 PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots as ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU setups are supported.
- LGA1156 socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor types
- Supports up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 2600+(OC), 2133(OC), 1866(OC), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz
- Integrated Intel HD graphics supports 1080p video and multiple monitors
- ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU compatible
- Expansion slots: 2x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1x PCI Express 2.0 x1, 1x PCI
- 3 x USB 2.0 headers (support 6 USB 2.0 ports)
- 4 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, 2x eSATA
- HDMI, DVI and VGA video output