The ASRock G31M-VS2 is a low-end motherboard based on Intel's G31 chipset. It features support for Penryn Quad Core Yorkfield and Dual Core Wolfdale processors as well as up to 8GB of DDR2 RAM. Additionally, the G31M-VS2 features an integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 GPU and 5.1 channel surround sound support.
The G31M-VS2's LGA775 CPU socket type supports any Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Dual Core, Celeron Dual Core or Celeron processor as well as up to 8GB of DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 800 and 667 MHz. Its integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 provides the G31M-VS2 with Pixel Shader 2.0 and DirectX 9.0 support, with a maximum D-Sub output resolution of 2048x1536 @ 75Hz. Meanwhile, the G31M-VS2's 5.1 channel HD Audio VIA VT1705 Audio Codec boasts out of the box support for 5.1 channel surround sound setups.
- LGA775 socket supports Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Dual Core, Celeron Dual Core or Celeron processor types
- Supports up to 8GB of DDR2 RAM @ 800 and 667 MHz
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
- 5.1 channel HD Audio VIA VT1705 Audio Codec
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, 1 x PCI slot
- 4 x SATAII 3.0 Gb/s connectors
- 2 x USB 2.0 headers (support 4 USB 2.0 ports)