The ASRock 880GM Pro3 R2.0 is a mid-range to high-end motherboard based on the AMD 880G northbridge and SB850 southbridge chipsets. It features an AM3+ CPU socket, supporting AMD's 8-core processors, and allows for up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the 880GM Pro3 R2.0 sports SATA3 and USB 3.0 support, integrated HD video and integrated 7.1-channel HD audio.
The 880GM Pro3 R2.0's AM3+ CPU socket allows it to handle any AMD Phenom II X6, X4, X3, X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4, X3, X2 or Sempron processor while also providing support for AMD's "Bulldozer" desktop processors. Its 4 DIMM slots allow the 880GM Pro3 R2.0 to handle up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1866(OC), 1800(OC), 1600(OC), 1333, 1066 and 800 MHz. Meanwhile, the 880GM Pro3 R2.0's integrated AMD Radeon HD 4250 graphics allow it to handle high definition media right out of the box while also offering dual-monitor support.
- AM3+ CPU socket supports AMD Phenom II X6, X4, X3, X2 (except 920 / 940), Athlon II X4, X3, X2 and Sempron processors
- 32GB of DDR3 RAM support @ 1866(OC), 1800(OC), 1600(OC), 1333, 1066 and 800 MHz
- AMD Radeon HD 4250 graphics
- 5 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- HDMI, D-Sub and dual-link DVI video output
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot, 2 x PCI slots