The ASRock Ion 330Pro is a small media Bare-Bones PC, called an HTPC, that is designed to be directly connected to an HDTV video source and is meant to be used in a living area or common room as opposed to the more traditional home PC office use. The ASRock Ion 330Pro is an extension of the base model (Ion 330) to further improve hardware components; this model features RAID 0 and 1 support, and a fully powered eSATA port. Like it's base model predecessor, the Ion 330Pro is powered by an Intel Dual Core Atom 330 processor (1.6GHz) combined with the NVIDIA ION Graphics processor chipset.
The Ion 330Pro kit includes 2GB DDR2 800 MHz memory with support for up to 4GB maximum dual channel memory. The integrated NVIDIA ION Graphics processor supports Microsoft Direct X10, and full 1080p HD Blu-Ray and HD-DVD playback support. The Ion 330Pro includes additional basic hardware features such as a 320GB (2.5") hard drive with support for an extra drive, a DVD super Multi drive, 7.1 channel HD audio with DTS support, and a Gigabit LAN.
The Ion 330Pro includes additional features such as USB 3.0 support (speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0), Energy Star level 5.0 certifications, ASRock Instant Boot technology for speedy OS booting, ASRock OC Tuner overclocking software, and ASRock App Charger support which charges Apple iPod devices even when the HTPC is in standby modes.
When the 330Pro and 330HT models are compared by included hardware components and price consumers will be interested to know that the ASRock Ion 330HT is a better choice between the two; it includes everything the 330Pro has and more for the same price range if not cheaper.
Unlike the 330HT the 330Pro includes no native Wi-Fi support, no pre-installed operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium on 330HT) and no included media center remote; the 330Pro also lacks ASRock AIWI software. ASRock AIWI software allows users to take advantage of the accelerometer built into their iPod devices to control onscreen games and programs.
A Bare Bones PC is simply a computer or system sold with only the most essential components that is meant to be assembled and installed by the consumer. Bare Bones PC kits usually leave room for users to add PC components and hardware if they desire to do so and possess the knowledge and skills required. Bare Bones kits are not difficult to assemble however they often include no manuals or "simple" documentation on doing so, because of this Bare Bones computers are only recommended for more advanced PC users.
- HTPC Designed for Average Consumers
- Connects Directly to an HDTV Video Source
- Meant for Use In Living/ Common Room
- Native Microsoft Direct X10 and 1080p HD Support
- Upgrade From Ion 330 Base Model
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium Pre-installed
- Gigabit LAN
- 7.1 Channel HD Audio with DTS support
- MCE Remote Control Bundled With
- Mid-grade PC Hardware
- USB 3.0 Support
- ASRock Instant Boot Technology
- ASRock OC Tuner- Overclocking Software
- ASRock App Charge Support- Charges Portable Media Devices
- Cyberlink DVD Suite- OEM and Trial Pre-installed
- Cyberlink Power2Go 6.1-OEM
- Cyberlink MediaShow 4.1 SE-OEM
- Cyberlink PowerDVD 8.0 DTS- Trial
- Cyberlink PowerDirector 8.0- Trial
- Cyberlink PowerBackup 2.5- Trial
- Energy Star Level 5.0 Certified
- CPU: Intel Dual Core Atom 330 (1.6Ghz)
- Chipset: NVIDIA ION Graphics Processor
- 2GB DDR2 memory, maximum memory capacity 4GB
- Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz
- VGA/GPU: NVIDIA ION graphics
- Support DX10 / Full HD 1080p (Blu-ray / HD-DVD) playback
- Storage: 320 GB HDD (2.5")
- Capable of supporting RAID 0, 1 by adopting the 2nd 2.5" HDD
- Optical Disc: DVD Super Multi
- I/O Ports:
- HDMI (1) Includes HDMI to DVI adapter
- D-Sub VGA (1)
- USB 2.0 (6)
- S/PDIF (1)
- Powered eSATA/USB (1)
- Audio: 7.1 Ch HD Audio with DTS
- LAN: Gigabit LAN
- Power: 65W/19V Adapter
- System Acoustic: Below 26dB
- 195mm(W) x 70mm(H) x 186mm(L)
- Volume (liters): 2.5L
- Weight: 1.7Kg