Apple announced the new MacBook Air as the world's thinnest laptop at MacWorld in San Francisco on January 15th, 2008. Its thickness varies from 0.16" to 0.76" as measured from different points along its edge and weighs about 3 lbs. It features a 13.3" LED backlit display, a full-size backlit keyboard, and an oversized multi-touch trackpad. Apple has made use of several new technologies and design features to create an ultra-thin form factor laptop. It does not include an optical media drive.
- 13.3" widescreen LED backlit display
- 1.6 GHz Standard, 1.8 GHz Option -- Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB Memory standard
- 128 GB 1.8" hard disk standard, 64 GB SSD as an option.
- 5 hours of Battery Life
- Multi-touch Trackpad
- No optical drive
- 802.11n + Bluetooth 2.1/EDR
- 45 Watt MagSafe, 1 USB 2.0 port, Micro-DVI, Audio Out
- Magnetic latch
- 3 lbs
- Thickness: 0.16" to 0.76"
- it fits inside a envelope
There are two main options for the MacBook Air (now available for pre-order: 1) a 1.6 GHz CPU with 80 GB standard 1.8" hard drive starting at $1799, and 2) a 1.8 GHz CPU with a 64 GB solid state drive (SSD) starting at $3098.