Compact and convenient, the Apple USB SuperDrive connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, or Mac mini with a single USB cable and fits easily into a travel bag. The Apple USB SuperDrive is designed exclusively for use with Mac computers that do not have a built-in optical drive. Plug in the SuperDrive directly to the computer's USB port. Don't use a USB hub. It lets you install software and play and burn both CDs and DVDs, including double-layer DVDs.
- The essence of simplicity - You'll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, or Mac mini with a single USB cable that's built into the SuperDrive. There's no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVDA+-R DL/DVDA+-RW/CD-RW)
- Box Contents - Apple USB SuperDrive with attached USB cable, User's GuideFeatures The Apple USB SuperDrive is designed exclusively for use with Mac computers that do not have a built-in optical drive. Plug in the SuperDrive directly to the computer's USB port. Don't use a USB hub.
- Take it anywhere - Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you're working.
- Everything you need in an optical drive - Whether you're at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It's perfect when you want to watch a DVD movie, install software, create backup discs, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it work with all iMac?
No, it doesn't. It won't work with any iMac that was originally built with an internal CD/DVD drive.
Can I use this to transfer my music cd's to my IMac?
Yes you can. However, this cd drive only works with iMacs without a cd drive. (The latest model) If you are purchasing this because your older iMac's internal cd drive failed, it will not work.
Do you need a mouse to eject CD/DVD's?
No. Use the eject button top right on key board or drag CD icon to trash.
Add New FAQ
- Interface USB 2.0
- Drive Type DVD writer
- Media Load Type slot-load
- Supported Media Formats CD-ROM
- Rewrite Speed 16x (CD) / 6x (DVD-RW) / 8x (DVD+RW)
- Write Speed 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD±R) / 6x (DVD±R DL)
- Read Speed 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD)
- Speeds 8x/8x