The APC Back-UPS BR1500G provides power protection and availability for high performance home and office electronics, including computer systems, network devices, external storage devices, and gaming consoles. Advanced features such as Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) and an easy-to-read LCD display make the BR1500G the ideal choice for high-performance systems. It also offers telephone, network and coaxial cable data line surge and spike protection. Additionally, PowerChute UPS management software helps you prevent data corruption and maximize your energy efficiency. This Back-UPS unit offers 10 outlets, 5 of which provide battery backup, and an 865-watt/1,500-volt ampere output power capacity.
- The Back-UPS BR1500G offers guaranteed battery backup and surge protection for high performance computer systems, networks, external storage devices, game consoles and other electronics
- Premium features include Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR), an LCD display, energy saving functionality, and PowerChute management software
- 10 total outlets - 5 battery backup and surge, 5 surge only
- 3 year warranty and lifetime $150,000 Equipment Protection Policy
- Battery pack BR24BPG (sold separately) provides even more runtime during outages if needed
- Automatic voltage regulations maintains healthy voltage conditions without using battery power
- Telephone, network and coaxial cable data line protection
- Multi-function LCD status display for simple UPS management
- PowerChute software provides file protection and power management
- BR24BPG (sold separately) provides even more runtime during outages
The APC Back-UPS Pro BR1500G provides extended backup power so you can continue to work via a PC, access the network, and game online when a power outage occurs. The BR1500G gives you time to save your work and safely shut down electronics or even work right through an outage. Connect an additional battery pack (BR24BPG, sold separately) for even more runtime.
The BR1500G protects connected devices from dangerous surges or spikes in voltage. Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) technology consistently maintains safe voltage conditions without using the battery, saving backup runtime for power outages. Customizable voltage transfer points and sensitivity profiles let you customize settings to maximize equipment protection and the unit's battery life. The BR1500G also provides data line surge and spike protection for telephone, Ethernet and coaxial cable connections.
APC PowerChute Personal edition power and energy management software is included. PowerChute prevents data corruption by automatically saving files and shutting down your system in an extended power outage or low-battery condition. PowerChute monitors and displays energy usage and reduces costs via customized energy management planning. Connect the included USB cable to your computer to easily use the software.
An LCD display on the front of the unit lets you easily monitor your power status and manage the BR1500G. Check your power status, input/output voltage, current load, battery charge, remaining runtime, and more.
The BR1500G is ENERGY STAR approved for its efficient operation and ability to help realize lower energy costs. For example, four 'controlled' outlets save energy by automatically powering peripherals up or down based on the status of a master device (generally a PC).
APC Back-UPS Pro BR1500G unit with 6-foot power cord, PowerChute Personal edition software CD, USB cable, user manual.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of audible alarm does this unit have? Is it a simple beep and it over, or is it like a screeching banshee chasing its prey?
Beeping until silenced by front panel soft key or you have the option through software to silence alarms.
How long can the battery keep on a 800 watt machine when the power is off?
Just because you have an 800w power supply does not mean your system constantly draws 800 watts, which would be unhealthy for the power supply. You probably normally draw only half that. This UPS will be more than sufficient for your needs. Just make sure your power supply does not require pure sine wave to function properly. If that's the case, you'd want to look into an APC UPS that supports active PFC sine wave PSUs.
If the input/output voltage for the addon battery pack is 12vdc, could a deep cycle be used by the unit in theory? The packs that power it are simply sealed wet cells anyway.
The AC/DC invertor in this size unit may not handle the draw for a large deep cycle battery. Contact APC technical support for more detailed information.
Add New FAQ
- Batteries 1 12V batteries required. (included)
Add New Resource