Introducing the Type-S speaker line up with multiple size options that fit almost any vehicle. If you want to add incredible sounding Alpine speakers to your system, this is the way to go. Ideal for OEM upgrade, with many sizes to choose from to suit almost any vehicle. New cosmetics that look good in your car, and fit easily in stock speaker locations. Improve the output and sound quality of your vehicle with these highly efficient speaker choices. High efficiency design runs easily off of factory or built-in head unit power.
- Tuned poly-mica cone woofer
- Butyl rubber surround for natural response and stability
- 1" Wide-Range Silk dome tweeter
- Optimized air-flow design
- Progressive Aramid Fiber Spider with optimized shape for deep bass and linearity
- HD Polymer frame
- Affordable premium quality upgrade to your factory audio system
- FEA optimized motor structure
- OEM mounting adapters included
- Great power-efficient speakers
- Swivel-mount tweeter
- 4 ohms impedance
- Square-wire short voice coil
- New cone design allows for faster energy transfer & clarity
- Aramid reinforced TIL bobbin holds voice coil wire very rigid
- High grade network components
- Neodymium tweeter magnet structure
- Low distortion strontium woofer magnet
- Speaker grilles KTE-S610G optional and sold separately
- Woofer mounting depth: 2-1/4"
- Tweeter mounting depth: 13/16"
- 1-year SonicElectronix.com warranty
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have a separate channel on my amp dedicated to the tweeters?
Yes if not you will get a sound in the speakers also you must hook the tweeters into the speakers tried using the factory tweeter hook up and thats when the speakers startered poping.
I'm replacing factor seperates in my Silverado. Do I need to install the bass blockers that came with the speakers or is there one in the factory harness somewhere?
Sorry for any grammar errors, typing this on my phone. I can't really speak to the wiring of your Silverado. I'd say to do some research to see if there is a stock crossover in place. I will say that, I didn't find it too difficult to install the Alpine crossover as it was inline. So my set up is, the stock wiring goes to the mid woofer and then the tweeter is connected directly to the mid woofer. The two hardest things for my install were 1) getting the wire through the door boot and 2) the Alpine tweeters were smaller then the stock tweeters. So I had to fabricate a mounting bracket for then. I used some vinyl flooring to create the mount. Other then that, that are great speakers. I've really enjoyed them and they have performed like a charm.
What are the minimal and maxs watts for the woofer and tweeter?
Around 85 watts max per woofer/tweeter, or per door, minimum doesn't matter a whole lot.
Add New FAQ
- Woofer Composition Polymer/Mica Composite
- Tweeter Composition Silk
- Top-Mount Depth 2-1/4"
- Impedance (Per Voice Coil) 4 ohms
- Frequency Response 70 - 22,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 88 dB
- RMS Power Handling 80 watts
- Peak Power Handling 240 watts
- Design 2-way Component System
- Speaker Size 6-1/2"