Adobe Photoshop CS6 is software for professionals to edit images. It includes Content Aware tools to retouch images by moving objects, filling areas and other activities. This software uses a Mercury Graphics Engine with 64-bit support to work quickly even with large images. Professionals can also make 3D designs, edit video, choose auto-corrections, add effects to images and use other features.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lightroom and is it compatible with Photoshop CS6?
Photoshop Lightroom integrates with Photoshop CS6. It allows you to import photos, manage them and showcase them.
If I already have Photoshop, should I upgrade to Photoshop Extended?
Photoshop Extended includes everything in Photoshop CS6, so you won't lose any feature, and it includes additional tools, including working with 3D images. Photoshop Extended is useful for people who work in film or video, engineering, architecture and other professions, and if you use a variety of media.
Is it Better to Purchase Photoshop CS6 or the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard?
If you are looking to put images into page layouts, create graphics or make eBooks or tablet publications, you should consider Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, which in addition to Photoshop includes Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat X Pro.
Add New FAQ
- Create video
- Content Aware to work with small areas
- Work with 3D images
- Effects like Puppet Warp and Blur
- Use auto-corrections
- Mercury Graphics Engine and 64-bit support
- Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 7 plug-in
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 through v10.8
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- 2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 1GB of RAM
- 1024 by 768 resolution (1280 by 800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512MB of VRAM
- OpenGL 2.0-compatible system
- DVD-ROM drive
|Adobe Photoshop Features Comparison||CS5||CS6|
|All-new Crop tool||x|
|Skin tone–aware selections and masking||x|
|Intuitive video creation and editing||x|
|Enhanced airbrush tips||x|
|Mercury Graphics Engine||x|
|Support for Photoshop companion apps||x||x|
|Superior HDR imaging and HDR toning||x||x|
Add New Resource