The Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard software includes four Adobe programs: Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6 and Acrobat X Pro. Photoshop is used for editing images and video, adding effects and painting or drawing digitally. Illustrator enables logo creation and other packaging and advertising illustrations. InDesign is used for page layout for newsletters, iPad publications, eBooks and other purposes. Acrobat is used to view and print, as well as create and change, PDF files.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Benefit of Buying Adobe Creative Suite 6 Instead of the Separate Programs?
When you purchase the Adobe Creative Suite 6, you save money over buying each program separately.
What is Better About Creative Suite 6?
This upgrade keeps you on top of the latest trends and technology. This version is more efficient, allows better integration between the different components and includes new creative tools.
Will I Require Every Component in this Package?
Creative Suite 6 includes the most useful and popular Adobe products for creative professionals. You will probably find that you will use each program at some point, and you will already have them if you need them later.
Add New FAQ
- Edit movies with Photoshop
- Create vector graphics with Illustrator
- Create tablet publications and eBooks with InDesign
- Create and edit PDF files with Acrobat
Photoshop: Photoshop allows you to retouch images and video with tools like Crop and Liquify. The Content-Aware feature makes it possible to change small parts of an image. The Mercury Graphics Engine makes this software run quickly.
Illustrator: Illustrator is used for design. You can use it to create many effects like drop shadows, patterns and blurs. The Mercury Performance System makes it work quickly.
InDesign: InDesign is used to create newsletters, eBooks, tablet publications and similar work. This software can hold multiple versions of a layout in one file. Content can also be linked to make it easier to find parent and children text or objects.
Acrobat: With Acrobat, you can view, create and edit PDF files.
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.8
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- 7GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 2GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
- Broadband Internet connection required for online services
- 1024 by 768 resolution (1280 by 800 recommended)
- Qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL 2.0 graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM
- Some GPU-accelerated features require support for OpenGL 2.0
- DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs
- Adobe Flash Player 10 software required to export SWF files
|Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Comparison Chart||CS5||CS6|
|Photoshop - Content-Aware Patch||x|
|Photoshop - Mercury Graphics Engine||x|
|Photoshop - Intuitive video creation||x|
|Illustrator - Mercury Performance System||x|
|Illustrator - Pattern creation||x|
|Illustrator - Image Trace||x|
|InDesign - Alternate Layout||x|
|InDesign - PDF forms in InDesign||x|
|InDesign - Liquid Layout||x|
|Photoshop - Truer Edge selection technology||x||x|
|Illustrator - Variable-width strokes||x||x|
|InDesign - Enhanced eBook authoring||x||x|
- Internet Access Some Features Require Internet Access
- Meida DVD
Add New Resource