The Acer Aspire M3201 is an entry level desktop released in late 2008. The Aspire M3201 is available in two different dual core configurations; one based on AMD’s Athlon X2 5400+ at 2.8GHz (AM3201-ED5400A), and one based on AMD’s Athlon X2 4850e at 2.5GHz (AM3201-U3791A). The 2.8GHz model is loaded with 3GB of RAM, while the 2.5GHz one comes with 4GB and is user-upgradable to 8GB. The faster model includes a 320GB hard drive, while the slightly slower model includes 640GB of storage. Both models include a DVD writer, an all-in-one card reader, gigabit LAN and an integrated ATI Radeon 3200 graphics chipset. The sound card supports Dolby Home Theater high definition 7.1 surround sound through HDMI or analog connections. One will find a total of 8 USB 2.0 ports plus one FireWire connection. The Acer Aspire M3201 includes a keyboard/mouse and two external speakers, but does not come with a monitor.
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- AMD Athlon X2 5400+ (2.8GHz) or Athlon X2 4850e (2.5GHz)
- AMD 780G chipset
- 3GB or 4GB DDR2 memory (8GB max.)
- 320GB or 640GB SATA hard drive
- DVD writer
- ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics
- HDMI, headphones, microphone and analog HD audio ports
- RJ-45 LAN gigabit, V.92 modem
- Drive bays: 6 x 3.5" (2 external, 4 internal), 2 x 5.25"
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1, 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16, 2 x PCI v2.3
- Dimensions: 14.6" W x 17.9" D x 7.2" H